Thursday, January 14, 2010

How To: Waxed Paper Wrapping Paper

I'm planning an 'Lovebirds' themed party and I wanted something cutesy for the wrap job on the favors that I could also use in other aspects of the decor. I remembered doing this when I was a kid and it was so much fun, I decided to use it. Love, love LOVE this and I hope you do too.





Custom Waxed Paper Wrapping Paper
You'll need:

Waxed Paper
Tissue Paper
Iron
Ironing Board
Paper Towels

How To:

1. Fold a section of tissue paper (in some dreamy color) in half three times. You should end up with eight sections stacked like pancakes.

2. Using a craft punch, punch out desired shapes. (this can also be achieved by making a template of said shape, tracing it onto the tissue and cutting out the shape...although this does take longer)
3. Set up your ironing board (make sure to keeps kids and fur babies from under foot during this step. Safety first, I always say.) Cover the board's surface with paper towels; place a sheet of waxed paper on top.
4. Arrange tissue paper shapes on the paper. Cover the shapes with another sheet of waxed paper. Layer more paper towels on top. Run an iron, on medium heat, gently over the layers to set.

The best part about something like this is its flexibility. Think of how cute this would be with snowflakes or evergreen trees. I found the picture on the Martha Stewart website...it illustrates the process quite well. I intend to update this post with my pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment