Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Plantable Parties?

So, as part of my personal crusade for 2010, I'm focusing on ways to make my parties more eco-friendly and sustainable. I am quite the digi-gal, the perfect little consumer, you might say so this eco-friendly-ing of my events has been quite the challenge. But, I'm excited to say, things just got a little easier!

I found this wonderful little Etsy shop and I am in heaven! Green Things That Grow is based in Lake Erie NY. Look there and you'll find greeting cards and party accessories that are completely green. Her {clever} slogan is, "Keep the print, plant the paper." Her products are made with "with 100% recycled post consumer waste, upcycled tools, and organic seeds". Love. It.

So, my obsession with plantable paper started when I worked with these lovely people. We had big, beautiful sheets of it in the paper drawers in the back of the store. I used to ogle them and dream of all the things I could do. I was always a big fan of using it on greeting cards.

Well, that's enough babbling! Look what I found!

This:

Plantable confetti! Yay! Coming in an array of colors, this confetti is the perfect addition to any party. Stuff it in favor boxes, drop it in your centerpieces..what CAN'T you do with this stuff?

And this:



How flippin' adorable are these favor tags? I love them. They come with convenient and easy to read planting instructions, so even those with the least green of thumbs can rock these seeds!

Well, if you don't love this shop yet, you can also go to the Facebook profile and blog. I suggest checking them out. I can't wait to see what's next from this charming company! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete